Agility 1 Class
- This event has passed.
March 18, 2021 from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm
One event on March 31, 2021 at 7:30 pm
One event on April 8, 2021 at 7:30 pm
One event on April 15, 2021 at 7:30 pm
One event on April 22, 2021 at 7:30 pm
One event on April 29, 2021 at 7:30 pm
One event on May 6, 2021 at 7:30 pm
In the Agility 1 class, the following skills will be taught on and off-lead:
- Building teamwork (dog wanting to play with handler vs. self-reward).
- Body awareness – perch work, plank, ladder.
- Impulse control.
- Use of release word.
- Introduction to movement: buja board.
- Left/right (tricks that can be expanded on to use as cues).
- Stationary exercises that are necessary for success in agility.
- Distraction training will be introduced as the teams’ skills progress.
The dates for this 6 week session are Mar. 18, 31, Apr. 8, 15, 22, 29, and May 6.- you must attend all classes.